Budget Data Modeling and Optimization
MDC accelerates the strategic decision making process for clients in relation to their transition requirements and associated budgets. Knowing that our clients need a dynamic analytics platform that will empower leadership to make informed and credible decisions, MDC provides the resources and expertise to develop targeted solutions that carefully consider the complexities of systems, data types, use cases, and regulatory requirements.
MDC Data Modeling and Optimization support includes:
- Design and development of a prototype executive-level analytics dashboard.Further development as directed by the Government. Data sets include, but are not limited to:
- Current-state assessment of data sources and data architecture to determine data retainability and long-term data storage needs within a flexible, scalable, and cost-effective platform. Our assessment works to ensure that data governance, management standards, and regulatory requirements are met.
- Data cleansing and normalization as well as collective aggregation of data necessary to answer increasingly complex questions and define relationships between multiple data sources.
- Develop an array of customized visualizations that help to summarize the analytics for decision-making purposes. Adhering to varying leadership needs, we provide direct training to Government personnel as needed on best use of the visualization sets.
- Facilitate iterative management and prioritization of development requirements with the Government. Inform backlog management by Agile principles and specific working arrangements agreed upon between the Government and contractor.
- Provide comprehensive data management that allows our clients to easily collect, design, develop, and expose both structured and unstructured data to achieve their desired analytics.
MDC’s team contributes their expertise to the Data Management team, ensuring operational success for our customers. Our data management support includes the following processes:
- Develop master data (funds center, appropriation, etc.) and Work breakdown Structure (WBS) models for accurate cost accounting of funds execution.
- Identify, document, and support the creation of data templates for WBS elements, Faces to Spaces, etc. to ensure GFEBS’ ability to accurately process submissions.
- Teach end-users to understand WBS models within the various perspectives of each individual organization’s business processes, ensuring end-user autonomy in sustainment.
- Assist in performing quality control over migrating data to ensure error mitigation and the reduction of costly delays during conversion.