Financial Accounting & Management
MDC serves an integral role in resource management for our clients. Our qualified team of professionals is solely responsible for all aspects of resource management including planning, programming, budgeting, and execution. In addition to exceptional project management, which includes cost, schedule, performance, resources, risk identification, and communication, we incorporate our clients’ current tools to successfully budget, allocate, and execute all resources across multiple agencies and levels.
Through our growing presence, we have developed a cultivated set of reliable, repeatable, and verifiable business processes to effectively deliver solutions for our customers. Our ability to react to environmental changes and stakeholder needs further exemplifies our flexibility. We have used our best-practice methodology and hands-on experience to manage resources valued at over $7B annually.
Our financial management services include the following activities:
- Provide advisory support for clear budgetary planning, including short and long- term planning, along with the financial implications of any decisions.
- Support cost estimation for the Program Objective Memorandum (POM) phase of the Program, Planning, Budgeting, and Execution (PPBE) process.
- Day-to-day management of financial operations including budget allocation, account reconciliation, trail balance corrections, and preparation of budget exhibits and documentation to support financial data calls.
- Prepare and submit detailed financial forecasts of planned funding execution to CFO
Training, Development, and End-User Support/Assistance
To support the training, development, end-user support and assistance-related tasks, MDC’s professional expertise helps ensure operational success for our clients.
Leading the GFEBS (General Fund Enterprise Business System) training, development, and end-user support globally, MDC provides onsite functional expertise to end-users. MDC’s responsibilities in this support role consist of the following activities:
- Conduct 1:1 training sessions with end-users to ensure they obtain a proficient knowledge of the master data elements that have been created for their use and are capable of successfully processing transactions and Status of Funds reports.
- Provide support and training in tracking and clearing Intermediate Document (IDoc) and Purchase Requisition/Purchase Order errors.
- Gauge the field-level understanding of GFEBS processes and provide analyses and feedback on ways to improve end-user training based on surveyed gaps in knowledge among end-users.
- Support the training requirements and end-user mastery of GFEBS by identifying and developing personalized job aides and training sessions.
- Develop audit readiness training on GFEBS processes and system capabilities.