Governance & Policy
MDC leads GFEBS (General Fund Enterprise Business System) governance standardization, which focuses on developing policies for organizational and business process requirements – specifically financial management related. This governance role includes recommending updates to policies and standard operating procedures (SOPs) and identifying waivers. MDC also created a Governance Board and Executive Steering Committee to include running and participating in all sub-groups related to system change requirements, policy standardization, and fiscal year-end closeout.
MDC Governance support includes:
- Building a comprehensive governance structure, including all regulations and requirements.
- Creating a Governance Board and subordinate work groups to address business process changes, system limitations, reporting requirements, and future system enhancement requests.
- Providing administrative support, including operational logistics for scheduling meetings, running video conferencing, record keeping, etc.
- Providing progress, project, and other related reports to support product managers, project managers, and Government leads.
- Supporting communications with stakeholders on complex, technical issues.
Change Management & Communications
MDC offers a proven approach to the challenge of implementing GFEBS (General Fund Enterprise Business System). As the CMC (change management and communications) lead for our clients, MDC applies more than a decade of combined GFEBS and DoD experience to support our clients in bridging the gap between where they currently are and where they want to be. In serving as the lead for the CMC team, MDC uses connections with communities to ensure impactful messaging and customer buy-in.
Our CMC team provides the following support services:
- Develop communications plans for consistent external messaging, including newsletters, website content, flyers, and outreach guidance.
- Develop subsequent communications plans for change management champions to relay and communicate messages to stakeholders accurately and efficiently.
- Develop and deliver town hall meetings leading up to go-live for stakeholders in coordination with change management champions.
- Manage the client GFEBS SharePoint Knowledge Management site and build workflows to automate communications processes.
- Effectively identify required areas of change based on GFEBS system requirements and stakeholder feedback, including roles, business operations, and internal processes.